Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my 2010 iMac has OS 10.12.6 I cannot i get error message There was an error during rendering/encoding of the menus/slideshows. The burning process has been canceled. using iDVD 7.1.2 Any suggestions please

my 2010 iMac has OS 10.12.6 I get error message "There was an error during rendering/encoding of the menus/slideshows. The burning process has been canceled" when trying to use iDVD 7.1.2 Any suggestions please

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 3:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 12:13 PM

Hi, Rob,

Try this: From your iDVD project screen click on File/Save as VIDEO_TS Folder.

User uploaded file

You will get on your desk top a folder called (Name of project) Video TS. (You may need to wait a bit.) Open that folder and you will see a box with an AUDIO_TS folder and VIDEO_TS folder in it.

User uploaded file

Now insert a blank DVD into your optical drive and when the DVD icon appears on your screen, click on it. A blank box will appear. Drag the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders into it. Close and reopen the DVD. Then play it with the DVD player app on your computer. If all went well, the disc should play on your computer and also in a DVD player on your TV.

-- Rich

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2018 12:13 PM in response to Rob Furlong

Hi, Rob,

Try this: From your iDVD project screen click on File/Save as VIDEO_TS Folder.

User uploaded file

You will get on your desk top a folder called (Name of project) Video TS. (You may need to wait a bit.) Open that folder and you will see a box with an AUDIO_TS folder and VIDEO_TS folder in it.

User uploaded file

Now insert a blank DVD into your optical drive and when the DVD icon appears on your screen, click on it. A blank box will appear. Drag the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders into it. Close and reopen the DVD. Then play it with the DVD player app on your computer. If all went well, the disc should play on your computer and also in a DVD player on your TV.

-- Rich

Feb 28, 2018 9:50 AM in response to Rob Furlong

• How much free space do you have on your boot drive?
  • What theme are you using?
  • Do you have a movie in the iDVD project? If so, have you edited it any after it was added to the project?
  • Read Bengt Wärleby's post in this topic: Multiplexer Error on a 8GB disk burn or Disk image, iDVD

Also instead of burning to disk follow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

Here's some food for thought: iDVD has been discontinued and unsupported for about 6 or so years. It is becoming more and more incompatible with the current OS X systems. You might consider migrating to a supported video DVD authoring application.

The App Store has a number of potential apps listed. Most just handle movie/video files but one, DVD Creator Lite, can also create slideshows from still photos as well as use movie/video files .

User uploaded file

my 2010 iMac has OS 10.12.6 I cannot i get error message There was an error during rendering/encoding of the menus/slideshows. The burning process has been canceled. using iDVD 7.1.2 Any suggestions please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.