Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Red and fuzzy screen

I woke up this morning to my iPad 2 with a fuzzy and red screen totally tripping out about it. Come to find out that my 8yr old dropped it an didn't tell me. So I looked on Google to see if this has happened to others. Come to find out many have had the same problem, many comments said to hit the back, drop it again and the screen will go back to the way it should look. Very skeptical about it but come to find out it actually worked. I would suggest to drop it on carpet that's what I did. It did take a few times but eventually screen did come back to normal. I guess if it do any damages I will deal with the repercussions later. Doesn't hurt to try something if it saves a little bit of money in the process.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 5:29 AM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2018 5:47 AM in response to tracyfromsparta

That can work. The insides of an iPad are largely a board, battery and connection to the screen.

YOu were able to jar it back into place, but it will likely be jarred out again sometime. Keep it backed up in case the screen does totally die.

iPad 2’s are sturdy devices, but you are using it in the last years of its life (in electronics terms 8 year old devices are positively ancient) so just know that and be aware of it. Keep it backed up in case it happens again. and if you really like your ipad you may wish to consider shopping and upgrading it some time so you can do that at a time of your choosing instead of a ‘darn it it died last night and I need a new one today’ situation.

Red and fuzzy screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.