Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

track stack

Hello,

In the mixing phase, let's say you have two audio tracks. and you create a Track Stack, and then select Summing Stack for these two individual audio tracks. Now since we have an AUX control fader created, therefore, if I add any effects or edits like adding reverb, compression on the individual audio tracks, will these changes be reflected in the AUX fader as well?

much thanks

Best / Brian

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 6:13 AM

6 replies

Feb 28, 2018 6:47 AM in response to Bv2017

I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

Any effects inserted on the original channel strips will not be inserted in the aux.

The signal from the original will however be routed in its processed form.

Lets say you insert a reverb on track A but not on track B.

The summing stack's signal will now consist of a mix between the reverberated signal A, and the non-reverbated B.

You can process A and B together by inserting effects on the Summing channel strip.

Hope that helps.

Feb 28, 2018 8:03 AM in response to Cuauhtemoc

I see, so if I need to do any editing or add effects on each audio channel strip, then I better be sure that I am o.k with them, before I create a Track stack + Summing Stack to combine those two into one Aux control fader track, or else, I will have to create a new Aux control fader track, if I decide later on that I need to modify those two Audio channel strips again. Correct?

Thanks / Brian

Feb 28, 2018 8:43 AM in response to Cuauhtemoc

Still, need to understand and be sure what goes on :-)

"You can continue editing and adding effect processing to your individual channels and tracks even when you have created a track stack."

O.k I can continue to add or edit each individual channels, so when I go to the track stack, those changes I made again there on those channels, will take effect even in the track stack. Correct?

track stack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.