Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to free up space on hard drive even after cleaning

I have tried several times (using the macbook cleaner pro) to free up space on my hard drive, but to no avail. I am told that I have no free space even though there is no way I have already clogged my computer with 250 GB of memory.

When I go to "manage" my storage, the "applications" section continuously says "calculating," but never gives me a readout of how much space it is using. Although my pictures, music, documents, etc. take up maybe 10 GB, I'm told there is still no space, leading me to believe that I might have a virus.

Has anyone else faced this issue? If so, how did you resolve/not resolve it (minus throwing the macbook out a window)?

Thank you!

Macbook Air

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 7:09 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 28, 2018 8:18 AM in response to jaronfromwashington

I avoid any program that combines the words Mac and Cleaner, like the plague. I would do this even were it to come via the App Store as one or two have in the past. Your Mac needs no aids to keep itself clean other than wise browsing by the machine's owner.

Klaus1 usually has an excellent message on this subject which unfortunately I cannot find to repeat. I guess he felt it was not quite appropriate this time.

Unable to free up space on hard drive even after cleaning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.