Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APPLE SD CARD READER DRIVER is FLAWED IN WINDOWS

When is apple going to work on this issue?!?!? SD Card Reader Driver is flawed and is not found after a waking computer from sleep mode on the Windows OS.

Here is one of the posts that had a few hundred people had the same issue. It appears Apple chose to ignore the customer feedback..

SD Card Slot Disappears After Sleep (Gone Until Reboot)

Anybody found a workaround?!?!?!

Is apple going to ever address this customer feedback!?!?!?

MacBook Air, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 7:07 AM

8 replies

Feb 28, 2018 1:31 PM in response to Loner T

Hibernate used to work and was one of the workarounds. Since latest update to Windows and I suspect as a result of the Intel Spectre and Meltdown patches, the MBA just shuts down instead of entering Hibernation mode so I am unable to use that fix anymore.

Thanks for the suggestion this used to be an workaround.

Ideally I want Apple to repair the SD Card Reader driver so this problem does not occur. This problem has existed since 2013 and it appears that Apple is not interested in fixing their driver.....

In Apple's absence, I am hoping to find a windows registry expert that might have a workaround...

APPLE SD CARD READER DRIVER is FLAWED IN WINDOWS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.