Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod 6 Battery Wont Hold a Charge

My ipod 6 has held a charge until it went to ios 11.2.something and it cant be used unless its plugged in. Today it was at 1% and I plugged it in and it jumped to 61%. There are no apple stores around where I live and the closest one would be atleast a 2 hours drive. Ive fully charged it multiple times and has not helped.

iPod touch, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 7:09 AM

5 replies

Feb 28, 2018 8:12 AM in response to Bucky137

If:

1. your iPod is at 1% charge - and you
  2. plug it into power, and
  3. the battery indicator jumps to 61% so you
  4. unplug the iPod from power...
  5. it will very quickly go back to 1 or 2% remaining charge

So, to begin with, when you plug it in for a charge, are you leaving it to actually charge, so that the lightning bolt (the charging indicator to the right of the battery icon in the top right corner of the screen) turns off?

User uploaded file

If not, you need to do so. The lightning bolt indicates that the battery is in the process of being charged. Ignore the percentage indicator.

Feb 28, 2018 1:48 PM in response to Bucky137

Make sure that you Restart your iPod. It often sorts out issues such as that.

I think that the behaviour of the percentage indicator may have changed because I am sure that previously the lightning bolt did turn off when the iPod was fully charged.

Anyway, with iOS 11.2.6, the lightning bolt stays on, but on the Lock Screen the display will show 100% Charged (when it actually is...)

Ipod 6 Battery Wont Hold a Charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.