Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod battery lasts 10 minutes

I have a 5th generation ipod and the battery wont hold a charge past 10 minutes. I havent used it very much only to play music in my bed room first thing in morning. I have to keep it plugged in so i can use it.

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 12:46 PM

Leave it on charge so that you eventually see the 100% charged message. It will take a while as charging rate slows down as it reaches full. At the same time, make sure that you are not using battery power necessarily, i.e. by having the screen on for longer than you need it, or the screen being brighter than you need it.

Once your iPod has been fully charged, see if that make any difference to the length of battery time.

There are also additional steps you can take to ensure that apps are not using battery life unnecessarily. Some of that information is in the following Apple article: Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2019 12:46 PM in response to kybiltmj

Leave it on charge so that you eventually see the 100% charged message. It will take a while as charging rate slows down as it reaches full. At the same time, make sure that you are not using battery power necessarily, i.e. by having the screen on for longer than you need it, or the screen being brighter than you need it.

Once your iPod has been fully charged, see if that make any difference to the length of battery time.

There are also additional steps you can take to ensure that apps are not using battery life unnecessarily. Some of that information is in the following Apple article: Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Ipod battery lasts 10 minutes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.