Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch battery dying super quickly

So my iPod touch (5th generation) has been having battery problems. It's been like this since I bought it. The battery is so bad: I only get like 2-3 hours out of it, if I'm lucky. The battery in my 2nd gen iPod touch, yes, the 2nd generation iPod touch, released in 2008, is actually better than the one in my 5th gen! How can this be? Is this a problem with my iPod in particular or is it an issue with all iPods of this type? Just wondering since this is a super weird issue.

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 8:13 PM

You're lucky that your 2nd gen iPod still has a good battery. It is not unusual for the battery of a 5th generation iPod to be worn out by now. My 6 gen iPod doesn't last more than 2 hours either. Your best bet is to get a small power bank and keep it connected to the ipod. Or get a new iPod as it certainly does not pay to have the battery replaced in an iPod as old as your.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2022 8:13 PM in response to SKCro

You're lucky that your 2nd gen iPod still has a good battery. It is not unusual for the battery of a 5th generation iPod to be worn out by now. My 6 gen iPod doesn't last more than 2 hours either. Your best bet is to get a small power bank and keep it connected to the ipod. Or get a new iPod as it certainly does not pay to have the battery replaced in an iPod as old as your.

Jan 29, 2022 8:23 AM in response to bobjbkln

Yeah, my 2nd gen's battery is a little weird with the percentage (it will, for example, say "20% remaining", jump back up to like 23% and go down to 18%, triggering the warning again), but what's even weirder is that it lasted me 8 hours one time! And I had the screen on and I was using it a lot! Yes, 8 hours on a full charge, on a device from 2008! Meanwhile, my 5th gen charges to 100% in like 20 minutes but drains just as fast. Very disappointing for a major tech company like Apple.

iPod touch battery dying super quickly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.