Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple CarPlay not working with iPhone 7+

I recently bought a 2018 Chevy Silverado. When I use an certified Apple lightning cable, the phone does not connect with the software and Apple CarPlay is not working.

A few notes:

1. I have an iPhone 7+ running iOS 11.2.6. The firmware in my truck is also up to date.

2. The bluetooth works, so I can make calls through the radio.

3. Siri is turned on.

4. My phone will charge through the USB ports (All of them).

5. When I connect, the projection app/button does not change to show the phone is connected.

6. I have tried multiple cables.

7. I have tried restarting my phone.

8. The salesman's iPhone works. His software is not up-to-date.

Is it possible that the last two updates- 11.2.5 and 11.2.6 are causing this problem or is it something else?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 8:24 AM

1 reply

Mar 12, 2018 12:55 AM in response to amzeise

Hello!

My interface periodically does the same things you described. Here is how I fix the issue: Close out ALL applications. Now hold down the power button on your IPHONE until the "Power Off" icon appears and then disappears and your phone returns back to the home screen (Do not power the phone off). This make take up to a minute so hold it down firmly until the home screen re-appears. This is how you clear an IPHONE of it's Cache and it is similar to, but not entirely the same as turning your phone off for some reason. When you clear the Cache, the phone seems to connect better to Apple Car Play in your vehicle. Apple Car Play does not like having a bunch of processes running in the background that conflict with the main apps used in the software. Hope this works for you!

Apple CarPlay not working with iPhone 7+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.