Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Pod doesn't show in Home app; can't adjust settings. I can play music from iPhone and use Siri so its seems to be hooked up.

I just bought new HomePod. It seems to work. But when I went to adjust settings, it does not show on Home app . . . asks me to "dock to your iHome device".

iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.0.3, Photo app

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 1:28 PM

My apologies . . . I was looking at the wrong app . . . an iHome app from some prior gadget. I found the correct app which is yellow and shaped like a little house, called Home. It is working fine. Thanks for your help, and I did learn how to reset the HomePod if necessary. 😁

3 replies

Feb 28, 2018 8:33 AM in response to BobClasen

That message doesn't sound quite right. See Reset HomePod - Apple Support for steps to reset the HomePod. Note the iOS device used to configure it must be running iOS 11.2.5 or better, so I assume your product information is out of date. Your Wi-Fi network needs to be set up such that your iOS device and HomePod are on the same LAN and are allowed to communicate with each other, i.e. don't use a guest network or enable client isolation features.

tt2

Home Pod doesn't show in Home app; can't adjust settings. I can play music from iPhone and use Siri so its seems to be hooked up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.