Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook won’t turn on after tea spill

I have a MacBook 2016 which I stupidly spilled tea on this morning. Thought it was fine at first - I hadn’t spilled very much, immediately tipped it upside down and wiped away any visible moisture. The only issue was with the trackpad; it would click as I was moving the mouse around even if I hadn’t pressed down. At this point I got out the hairdryer and directed towards the trackpad for 10mins it so. After this it was working perfectly. I thought I’d had a lucky escape and continued about my day. Later in the day, after a few hours of use with no problems I noticed the battery was running low (~20%). I plugged it in to charge, but the charging symbol didn’t pop up. I then unplugged the charger and saw it looked a bit wet. I tried to absorb the moisture from the USB-C port using scraps of printer paper, and also used a hairdryer on it, but to no avail. I then went googling and saw that an SMC reset had been suggested in another post. I decided to try this - I shut down the MacBook and pressed shift-control-option-power simultaneously for 10secs before releasing ... but now my MacBook won’t turn on at all! I’m completely at a loss what to try next! The MacBook is currently in a box filled with rice in the hot press in the hope this might help. I would have brought it straight up to the Apple technicians except we’re in the middle of a snow storm here in Ireland so the country has shut down and no where is likely to reopen until Saturday at the earliest ... Does anyone have any ideas? Or has anyone been in a similar situation?

MacBook, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 8:42 AM

I think you have done all (or more than you should) to try to get around this.

Make an appointment at an Apple Genius Bar - http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Similar questions

1 reply

MacBook won’t turn on after tea spill

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.