Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does "icloud photo library has been disabled and will be deleted" mean? What do I need to do to save my photos from deletion?

My computer has been displaying a message that my icloud photo library has been disabled and will be deleted in 7 days. What do I do to stop this from happening? I called Apple support and the guy said just to delelt some photos and it would be fine, so I have been culling my photos from one of my laptops, but this message popped up today.

What do I need to do? I don't want to lose my photos!!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 9:05 AM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2018 9:12 AM in response to LarryHN

But I have never (knowingly) logged out of iCloud Photo Library.... I have now purchased a large capacity NAS storage unit with 16T of storage space to download all my photos onto but then what? Does the iPhoto library reset itself and start storing my photos in the cloud again? BTW - I am paying Apple for extra storage in the cloud, up to 2T.

What does "icloud photo library has been disabled and will be deleted" mean? What do I need to do to save my photos from deletion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.