Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting MacBook to External Audio Amplifier

Hi All,

I’m looking some advice on connecting my Mac Book Pro to an External Amplifier and achieving the best sound quality possibly when playing through iTunes.

I recently invested in a decent Marantz Amplifier and a set of Cambridge Audio Speakers as I’m a DJ in my spare time.

I have connected the MBP to the AMP through the headphone socket via 3.5mm AUC Jack to Twin Phone, Red and White going to the CD source on the Amp.

The sound quality is very mixed and not what I would have expected. It isn’t doing the music justice.

There is an intermittent humming/beeping noise coming from the speakers and the volume of the amp needs to be turned up an awful lot higher than normal to get the same level of sound when playing through the MAC.

Is there anyway to make this much, much better even if I had to introduce a converter, different type of connection etc?

Has anyone else achieved this and with great success?

Appreciate your input folks

Simon.

Ps - Amp does not support bluetooth/wireless. Needs to be a hard wired connection

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 8:33 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Connecting MacBook to External Audio Amplifier

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.