Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help with Squarespace podcast RSS feed

Hi,

I followed the Squarespace instructions for creating my podcast, but keep getting error messages on RSS validators.

Here is my RSS feed: https://atlantisglobal.org/podcast/?format=rss

On https://podba.se/validate/ everything looks good except the "Cover art" and "Support for HTTP HEAD requests"

On W3C Feed Validation Service, for Atom and RSS said this:

Sorry

This feed does not validate.

• line 3, column 2298: Undefined channel element: itunes:type [help]
    ... Places &amp; Travel"/></itunes:category><itunes:type>episodic</itunes:ty ...
    ^
  • line 3, column 4409: Undefined item element: itunes:season (2 occurrences) [help]
    ... 79273/1500w/Atlantis+Podcast+Logo.jpg"/><itunes:season>1</itunes:season> ...
    ^
  • line 3, column 4441: Undefined item element: itunes:episode (2 occurrences) [help]
    ... o.jpg"/><itunes:season>1</itunes:season><itunes:episode>2</itunes:episod ...
    ^
  • line 3, column 4475: Undefined item element: itunes:title (2 occurrences) [help]
    ... eason><itunes:episode>2</itunes:episode><itunes:title>Competitive Medica ...
    ^
  • line 3, column 4557: Undefined item element: itunes:episodeType (2 occurrences) [help]
    ... pplicant - Clinical Hours</itunes:title><itunes:episodeType>full</itunes ...
    ^

In addition, interoperability with the widest range of feed readers could be improved by implementing the following recommendations.

I've made sure in several places that the image is 1400 x 1400 px and when I copied and pasted the url from the RSS feed, the image showed up. I also double checked that I had entered the episode titles, seasons, and episode numbers. Any advice on how to get this feed up and running? Thanks!

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 2:23 PM

Your feed is fine and is accepted by Podcasts Connect. You can ignore every one of the 'errors' you quote above. The 'Undefined elements' all arise because of new iTunes tags which the validator isn't aware of. The other two are irrelevant to iTunes. The image is OK - Podbase seems to be having trouble with it but as Podcasts Connect raises no objections you should be OK. Go ahead and submit it.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2018 2:23 PM in response to atlantis137

Your feed is fine and is accepted by Podcasts Connect. You can ignore every one of the 'errors' you quote above. The 'Undefined elements' all arise because of new iTunes tags which the validator isn't aware of. The other two are irrelevant to iTunes. The image is OK - Podbase seems to be having trouble with it but as Podcasts Connect raises no objections you should be OK. Go ahead and submit it.

Need help with Squarespace podcast RSS feed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.