Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail preferences window is blank, mac os10.13.3

Need help with mail preferences. When I select mail preferences, the preferences window is empty (blank). Can the mail portion of os 10.13.3 be re-installed? Thanks.

macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 2:54 PM

No, Mail is part of the system so the entire system must be reinstalled.

But before doing that boot into Safe Mode, Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode, and check Mail's preference pane from there. Any improvement? Then reboot normally.

If you have to reinstall the system boot into the Recovery volume (boot with the Command + R keys held down) and install from there.

User uploaded file

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2018 2:54 PM in response to Dana Scott

No, Mail is part of the system so the entire system must be reinstalled.

But before doing that boot into Safe Mode, Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode, and check Mail's preference pane from there. Any improvement? Then reboot normally.

If you have to reinstall the system boot into the Recovery volume (boot with the Command + R keys held down) and install from there.

User uploaded file

Apr 13, 2018 3:26 AM in response to Lufbrarunner

go to ~/user/library/containers/com.apple.mail/

I'm on s/w version 10.13.4 & cannot find the above file referred to in the solution.

another user on the same Mac has a com.apple.mail.plist file in

Macintosh HD>system>library>preferences

but I can't locate this file on the userid with a blank Mail Preferences problem.

Any ideas on how to fix it please?

Mail preferences window is blank, mac os10.13.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.