Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the key in the middle of GBand song

Hi,

I started my GBand project (v10.2.0 on a MacBook Pro) in the key of F major. In the middle of the song there's a transition / key change to G major. I don't see how to do this. I can play the notes, but I'd like the score to reflect the new key.

Is it possible to have more than one key, in a single GBand project? Or am I stuck with the original key at the beginning of the song?

(If GBand can't do it, does anyone know if Logic Pro X allows one to have different keys in a single song?)

Thanks,

Roger

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), GarageBand v10.2.0

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 7:21 PM

RogerFromNathrop wrote:

Is it possible to have more than one key, in a single GBand project? Or am I stuck with the original key at the beginning of the song?

unfortunately GB is restricted to a single key, as far as the notation goes, per project

RogerFromNathrop wrote:

Logic Pro X allows one to have different keys in a single song?

yes, Logic allows you to use multiple keys in a single project

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2018 7:21 PM in response to RogerFromNathrop

RogerFromNathrop wrote:

unfortunately GB is restricted to a single key, as far as the notation goes, per project

RogerFromNathrop wrote:

Logic Pro X allows one to have different keys in a single song?

yes, Logic allows you to use multiple keys in a single project

How do I change the key in the middle of GBand song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.