Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black spinning wheel...

Oh where to begin. two days ago my iphone 7 randomly had a black spinning wheel, and gives me zero access to the

phone. I’ve tried literally everything under the sun. Genius Bar pretty much said I’m SOL. Unfortunately I don’t have an iCloud backup even though I have storage, in that case I don’t just erase the phone and restore it. I did manage to get it to back up to my computer, but it’s still corrupted. I wiped the iPhone and it worked normal. Restore my hard backup and the problem persist just like before.

I’m reluctant because I really don’t want to lose everything. I did my research and people had the same issue back in December and Apple released an update to fix it. That is my only hope right now. Oddly enough 3-4 hours after my phone started, my iPad did too. I left the iPad alone and came back two days later(today) to find it working normal.

The phone runs in the background, phone calls will come through, but I don’t get enough time to click through anything. So to some extent I’m locked out.

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 9:19 AM

I forgot to add, the phone was attempting to download the newest update in the background when it initially happened. Now the phone is currently on the newest update. Anyone else having issues?

Similar questions

1 reply

Black spinning wheel...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.