Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google WiFi and Airport Time Capsule

Same to other folks, I replaced the WiFi with Google WiFi and disabled networks on Time Capsule connecting it directly to Google WiFi for backup one.

Question:

1. If I extend my Google WiFi (by mesh or by wire), can I connect Time Capsule on secondary Google WiFi?

2. Can I use the LAN port on Time Capsule as hub for wired stuffs (e.g. Hue Bridge?). Reason is I could hide them at the ceiling of corridor instead of putting all wired stuffs in Living Room.

Thanks

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 5:56 PM

1. If I extend my Google WiFi (by mesh or by wire), can I connect Time Capsule on secondary Google WiFi?

Yes, assuming that the Time Capsule will connect to the Google WiFi access point using a wired Ethernet cable connection.

2. Can I use the LAN port on Time Capsule as hub for wired stuffs (e.g. Hue Bridge?). Reason is I could hide them at the ceiling of corridor instead of putting all wired stuffs in Living Room.

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but the three LAN <--> Ethernet ports on the Time Capsule will all be enabled, so you could connect an Ethernet device to each LAN <--> port, or even connect an Ethernet switch if you need more than three LAN <--> connections.

It may or may not be of interest to you, but Apple does not officially support Time Machine backups to a Time Capsule unless you are using the Time Capsule wireless. That does not mean that things won't work if you are using another wireless network.....it means that Apple will not offer assistance if you have any problems with your setup in the future.

So as long as things are working OK, you might not really care that Apple does not officially support what you are doing.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2018 5:56 PM in response to Louis Chan 1234

Yes, assuming that the Time Capsule will connect to the Google WiFi access point using a wired Ethernet cable connection.

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but the three LAN <--> Ethernet ports on the Time Capsule will all be enabled, so you could connect an Ethernet device to each LAN <--> port, or even connect an Ethernet switch if you need more than three LAN <--> connections.

It may or may not be of interest to you, but Apple does not officially support Time Machine backups to a Time Capsule unless you are using the Time Capsule wireless. That does not mean that things won't work if you are using another wireless network.....it means that Apple will not offer assistance if you have any problems with your setup in the future.

So as long as things are working OK, you might not really care that Apple does not officially support what you are doing.

Google WiFi and Airport Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.