Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extend WiFi network using Time Capsule?

I just moved to a three story home, and want a better WiFi signal upstairs.
The house has an ethernet network, which originates at the Fibre modem cabinet.
If I put the Time Capsule upstairs, and connect it to the modem via the ethernet, will it be able to extend the WiFi network, as well as be used for Time Machine backing up?
If so, how do I configure it all?

Thanks!

null-OTHER, iOS 11.3.1, Time Capsule

Posted on Apr 26, 2018 1:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2018 5:43 PM

If I put the Time Capsule upstairs, and connect it to the modem via the ethernet, will it be able to extend the WiFi network, as well as be used for Time Machine backing up?

Possibly. This should work, but this is not the same as saying that things will work. No way to know how well....or if....this will work until you try.

If you are interested in experimenting....with no guarantee of success....post back to let us know what device.....a Mac or iPhone / iPad you will be using to reconfigure the Time Capsule.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2018 5:43 PM in response to lump_a_charcoal

Possibly. This should work, but this is not the same as saying that things will work. No way to know how well....or if....this will work until you try.

If you are interested in experimenting....with no guarantee of success....post back to let us know what device.....a Mac or iPhone / iPad you will be using to reconfigure the Time Capsule.

Extend WiFi network using Time Capsule?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.