Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard text shortcuts not functioning in all apps on MacBook Pro.

Background: Over the past 4 years, I've created a long list of shortcuts on my iDevices. For example, "gm" for good morning, "hm" for how much, and "hmy" for how many. On my iPhone and iOS devices, they work. On my MacBook, they do not. The issue began for me after upgrading from the iPhone 6 to the iPhone 8 plus.

These settings can be found by going to System Preferences -> Keyboard and then clicking the "text" tab on the macbook.

**NOTE: Oddly enough, the shortcuts still work in the URL section of the Safari browser and in the mail app. In other places, such as the messages app and on web pages like the one I'm typing in now, they don't. The list of shortcuts also sync well between all of my iDevices, so no issue there or with iCloud.

Question: I know I'm not the only one who has had this issue, but I can't find a better solution online than deleting all of my shortcuts and resubmitting them. Has anyone found a better solution yet? Has Apple addressed this issue at all?

Thanks for any help or information!

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 5:58 PM

There are no replies.

Keyboard text shortcuts not functioning in all apps on MacBook Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.