Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Incorrect Password when connecting to WIFI

I have an iPad Mini 2. On my home network, when I try to connect it says "Incorrect Password".

I have reset the network, reset the device, and reset my router. I have followed the article in Apple support. Router works properly. What else might work?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on

Mar 1, 2018 2:51 PM in response to Moosenuggets In response to Moosenuggets

Hello Moosenuggets,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding you're receiving an error "Incorrect Password" when trying to connect your iPad Mini 2 to your home Wi-Fi network. You've done a fantastic job trying to get this resolved so far! I recommend following the remaining steps in the link below:

If you need help with your Wi-Fi password

If the issue persists, let us know if other devices are able to connect with the same password and if your iPad can connect with other networks.

Have a great day!

Mar 1, 2018 2:51 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 4, 2018 9:00 AM in response to jameson.h In response to jameson.h

Had this problem, reset phone, and everything. none of that worked.

I finally accessed my wifi router and manually added a device: my iphone.

I did this by looking at devices in my router set-up page, and then to "add device manually" and then used the name of my iphone and its wifi address, (under general/about/wifi address) then saved changes.

went back to wifi selection on the phone and re-entered password, and I am now connected to the wifi.

Mar 4, 2018 9:00 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Moosenuggets

Question: Incorrect Password when connecting to WIFI