Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Gen 4 Safari bookmark issues

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help me with an issue I’ve been having for a few weeks now, every time I bookmark a video in Youtube the URL is wrong. I cannot find anyone else that has posted about this issue.

At the moment I have about 20 bookmarks all with different names (name of the Youtube video) that all bring up the same video/page, obviously when I was browsing videos and bookmarking at the time I didn’t realise the same URL was being used for every bookmark.

I played around with this yesterday and w

hat seems to be happening is Safari will only bookmark the first video I go to on Youtube. For example if I go to Youtube and click search, then click on a video from the search results, the bookmark works fine, then from there if I click on related videos down the sidebar, any other video still has the same URL as the first video. So to get the correct URL for each video I want to bookmark I have to go back to search, type in the video name manually and then open the video first. For some reason you can’t amend the URL as you’re saving the bookmark!

This is quite annoying and time consuming, having to constantly go back to the search page and type the video name in, it has only been happening for a few weeks, has anyone else encountered this?

The Ipad is up to date software wise, I’ve tried disabling Icloud, resetting Safari, clearing all website data, and done numerous full reboots. I haven’t tried a full factory reset yet though. My Iphone 8 also has this issue. doesn’t have this issue but bookmarks sync across all of my devices and the links are wrong on my Iphone too.

Would appreciate if anyone can tell me if this is a Youtube or Apple issue and has any suggestions on how to fix this.

Thanks

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 1:17 AM

There are no replies.

Ipad Gen 4 Safari bookmark issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.