Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone favorites have disappeared

This is an old thread and I am a new watch 3 user. My favorite contacts have disappear from the phone app on the watch. Has a solution emerged? When I try to press the reset sync data, the button is unresponsive.

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 4:13 AM

Hi

Under watchOS 4.x, the Friends feature (which was available under some prior versions) is no longer included and there is neither a direct replacement for it nor a separate Contacts app on your Apple Watch.

When placing calls, sending new messages or sending emails, contacts can instead be selected:

From within the Phone, Messages and Mail apps:

Or, for calls and messages, by using Siri:

If contact names are not being shown on your Apple Watch as expected, then the following steps may help:

If you have not yet done so, then update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest compatible software versions, starting with your iPhone:

On your iPhone, in the Contacts app, check that there is a single contact card for each of your contacts and that each card contains that contact's full name and phone number, along with their email address.

If you have contacts from multiple sources and multiple entries for the same person have not been linked automatically (such that they are shown as a unified contact, with "Unified Info"), then manually link those contacts by following the instructions here:

Having made any changes in the Contacts app, on your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > General > Reset > tap on Reset Sync Data.

• It is normal for nothing to seem to happen, but the process will run in the background / invisibly to you, so allow some time afterwards for it to complete.

If the issue persists, it may then help to restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch again, turning both off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2018 4:13 AM in response to maynardfromchelsea

Hi

Under watchOS 4.x, the Friends feature (which was available under some prior versions) is no longer included and there is neither a direct replacement for it nor a separate Contacts app on your Apple Watch.

When placing calls, sending new messages or sending emails, contacts can instead be selected:

From within the Phone, Messages and Mail apps:

Or, for calls and messages, by using Siri:

If contact names are not being shown on your Apple Watch as expected, then the following steps may help:

If you have not yet done so, then update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest compatible software versions, starting with your iPhone:

On your iPhone, in the Contacts app, check that there is a single contact card for each of your contacts and that each card contains that contact's full name and phone number, along with their email address.

If you have contacts from multiple sources and multiple entries for the same person have not been linked automatically (such that they are shown as a unified contact, with "Unified Info"), then manually link those contacts by following the instructions here:

Having made any changes in the Contacts app, on your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > General > Reset > tap on Reset Sync Data.

• It is normal for nothing to seem to happen, but the process will run in the background / invisibly to you, so allow some time afterwards for it to complete.

If the issue persists, it may then help to restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch again, turning both off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

Phone favorites have disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.