Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to access music (playlist +) across all devices WithOut Apple Music subscription

How to access your music collection (playlist +) on all of your devices, to include Apple TV 4th generation, WithOut Apple Music subscription. Not home sharing but just using the additional iCloud space I pay extra for already. Photos work, documents work... music use to work before they came out with Apple Music and now they just try to push it on everyone. Also according to the support manual for Apple TV it says it can be done with the right generation of devices but no Apple support I’ve talked could figure it out after hours. They had me restart, reset and even erase and do as new but all for nothing. They said it should but it must be the best kept secret. Anyone?

iOS 11.2.6, 7 Plus, iPad Pro, Apple TV 4th Gen

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 5:52 AM

No, actually that isn’t true still able to do it on both generations. Thanks though, I was able to solved my problem looking back on my purchase history again. Though I absolutely didn’t want Apple Music, it’s a wasted monthly fee for a lower fixed income person like myself, I didn’t mind having Apple Match, which right now it’s still a much lower annual fee and offers me all I needed. The max songs are more than enough.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2018 5:52 AM in response to LACAllen

No, actually that isn’t true still able to do it on both generations. Thanks though, I was able to solved my problem looking back on my purchase history again. Though I absolutely didn’t want Apple Music, it’s a wasted monthly fee for a lower fixed income person like myself, I didn’t mind having Apple Match, which right now it’s still a much lower annual fee and offers me all I needed. The max songs are more than enough.

Mar 2, 2018 12:08 AM in response to Monicads

I am fairly certain the ability to use iTunes for music (via Home Sharing) and not Apple Music was removed between Apple TV 3rd Gen and 4th Gen.

If you look through the user guides for each, Apple Music is not referenced for the 3rd Gen. Only iTunes and Home Sharing. That is how your local iTunes Music Library got shared and streamed to your Apple TV.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://apple.com/feedback

How to access music (playlist +) across all devices WithOut Apple Music subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.