Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Library not showing up on Apple TV

My entire Apple Music Library does not show up on my Apple TV, although I have enabled home sharing on all devices and all devices operating systems are up to date. I have signed out of iCloud and iTunes on the Apple TV, restarted Apple TV, and signed back on in, with no change in available music in the Music app's libraryThe only songs that show up are those that are listed as purchased, which is a small portion of my entire library. Very frustrating.

Apple TV

Posted on Oct 30, 2018 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2018 2:01 PM

Please disclose which model Apple TV you have, as there may be relevant differences between models.

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

On Apple TV (4th generation or later) with current software tvOS 12.1, the Computers app should show six menus: Film, TV Programmes, Music, Photos, More, and Search. The More menu should contain Home Videos, Podcasts, and Audiobooks.

Apple TV (3rd generation and earlier) do not support Apple Music, except via AirPlay from another device.

On Apple TV (4th generation or later), with an Apple Music subscription and iCloud Music Library activated, you should probably use the Music app instead of Home Sharing, as that app is tailored for that subscription.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2018 2:01 PM in response to purple meanie

Please disclose which model Apple TV you have, as there may be relevant differences between models.

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

On Apple TV (4th generation or later) with current software tvOS 12.1, the Computers app should show six menus: Film, TV Programmes, Music, Photos, More, and Search. The More menu should contain Home Videos, Podcasts, and Audiobooks.

Apple TV (3rd generation and earlier) do not support Apple Music, except via AirPlay from another device.

On Apple TV (4th generation or later), with an Apple Music subscription and iCloud Music Library activated, you should probably use the Music app instead of Home Sharing, as that app is tailored for that subscription.

Oct 30, 2018 12:02 PM in response to purple meanie

The Music app on Apple TV (4th generation and newer) is for subscribers to Apple Music, iTunes Match, and for iTunes Store purchases. Its Library is the iCloud Music Library as part of the Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription.

To listen to music from your Home Sharing iTunes Library, instead use the Computers app on Apple TV to connect to the Library, then go the Music menu option to see and play your music. (Home Sharing needs to be activated on both the computer with iTunes, as well as the Apple TV.)

Apple Music Library not showing up on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.