Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Remove Mac File Opener

I ran Malwarebytes and removed Mac File Opener from my computer but whenever I go into spotlight and type "Mac", Mac file opener comes up and although it cannot run as it was deleted, it is a bit frustrating.

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 6:25 AM

8 replies

Mar 1, 2018 8:12 AM in response to Mac'Man

If you don’t want your Look Up search queries and Spotlight Suggestions usage data sent to Apple, you can turn them off. Deselect the “Allow Spotlight Suggestions in Look Up” checkbox, then in the list deselect the Spotlight Suggestions checkbox. When the checkboxes are not selected, Spotlight searches only the contents of your Mac, and Look Up searches only the dictionary on your Mac.

Open system preferences > spotlight > uncheck the box of bookmarks and history and also of allow spotlight suggestions in look up .

User uploaded file

When you open a browser and type how to remove Mac file opener then using as normal browsing mode and not private browsing mode history is always saved ( you can verify by clicking on History on top menu bar > and click on show History ) , that is what ever you browsed .

And that is the reason if you open spotlight it is shown as top lists .

See in the screen shot it is showing .

User uploaded file

So , simply uncheck the two boxes what as mentioned and it will not be shown , you have removed the app from Mac that is totally different .

Mar 2, 2018 3:15 AM in response to Mac'Man

If you click on finder and click on Go > Go to folder

and type /private/var/folders in your Mac there is a subfolder fz and after that you have find out Mac security.app and also for every other Mac user the subfolder fz name will be different also there are other subfolders with different name , some are alphabetical or some are numeric , they will never match with your Mac , as different Macs have different preferences , the system files are bit different .

A question - you have scanned the Mac with malware bytes ad it removed the files from system library and user library , do you see any kind of pop ups of the app when browsing as these folders your are stating there contents are not deleted ( Mac could malfunction ) also system integrity protection is stopping it to delete and if there are no pop ups you must not delete from this path .

Even I installed the app in Mac it was in safari extensions , read about the app do it reveal the user passwords or some infos .

How to Remove Mac File Opener

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.