Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create keyboard shortcuts to change case in Pages

After searching for a while, I finally figured out how to create Word "change case" keyboard shortcut equivalents for Pages using System Preferences, so I thought I would post this incase it helps anyone else.

1. Go to System Preferences --> Keyboard.

2. Go to shortcuts tab. Select "App Shortcuts" (left side).

3. Click the + sign and click on "All Applications" to get to the drop-down. Choose Pages as the application.

4. Under "Menu Title," type "Edit->Transformations->Make Lower Case" if you want the selected text to be lowercase. (Make sure you type the -> arrows). Assign akeyboard combination. I used ⌘1.

That's it. If you want the selected text to be ALL CAPS, the Menu Title is "Edit->Transformations->Make Upper Case". If You Want To Capitalize Each Word, the MenuTitle is Edit->Transformations->Capitalize.

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), 15-inch

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 8:03 AM

Hi Adam,

Although I had used the keyboard shortcuts function under System Preferences before, I didn't fully understand it, nor did I think to use it with Pages.

To my knowledge (Text-Speak AFAIK) until Pages 6.3.1 under macOS Sierra we did not have the ability to add a keyboard short cut. All we could do was change an Apple-preset shortcut. Thank you for your detective work!

Keep posting in Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Ian.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2018 8:03 AM in response to Adambr

Hi Adam,

Although I had used the keyboard shortcuts function under System Preferences before, I didn't fully understand it, nor did I think to use it with Pages.

To my knowledge (Text-Speak AFAIK) until Pages 6.3.1 under macOS Sierra we did not have the ability to add a keyboard short cut. All we could do was change an Apple-preset shortcut. Thank you for your detective work!

Keep posting in Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Ian.

Mar 3, 2018 7:41 AM in response to Yellowbox

Thanks! That's good to know.

Although I had used the keyboard shortcuts function under System Preferences before, I didn't fully understand it, nor did I think to use it with Pages. Part of the problem for me, and maybe others, is that I am much more familiar with the terminology for Word rather than Pages. They are quite different (e.g., change case versus transformations), so solutions can be hard to find.

Create keyboard shortcuts to change case in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.