Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving CPU

Hi,

As I have grown with Logic, I have acquired several 3rd party plugins, in addition to the Logic stock plugins that I use. It is a rare track that doesn't have at least one active basic EQ plugin. Lead vocal tracks can have as many as five! The last session that I worked on had 23 tracks with 47 plugins! I'm ruing everything off of my computer. My processor is 3.2 GHz intel Core i5, and my memory is 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. Lately I have been experiencing latency issues. I know that you can adjust the buffer size, among other options like freezing tracks with multiple plugins, but I wondering if there are more efficient ways for mixing with less plugins?

I understand the purpose for setting up Aux busses for reverb. I usually set up at least one for instruments and a separate one for vocals. This also saves CPU from not having to run all those individual reverb plugins.

Ive tried to set up a similar Aux buss for vocal compression, but have not had good results. The problem seems to be the send level knob. This has to be adjusted in relation to the levels on the aux buss. It just seems to work better when the compressor is on the individual track. My reasoning for setting up these additional aux busses, is to be more efficient, while saving CPU...not just for compressors, but for tape saturation plugin, among other effects. It just seems that reverb is the only thing that I can dial in a good result. Am I going about this wrong?

Any other tips for saving CPU would be greatly appreciated!!

iMac

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 5:40 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Saving CPU

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.