Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Folder Photos on the Mac conundrum

Here is a real conundrum. I have a Smart Folder set up in Photos on the Mac so that any albums I create are automatically added to a folder called 'Apple TV'. On the Apple TV my screensaver is set for the 'Apple TV' folder.

That Smart Folder in Photos includes all albums (which have had their photos sorted ie. duplicates deleted) but it would seem the Smart Folder is also including all files that were deleted from their respective albums. Why should this behaviour occur? Surely adding folders to a Smart Folder should keep the contents intact?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 12:18 PM

What is the exact setup of the Smart Album (there are no smart folders in Photos, just albums). Post a screenshot of the edit window for that album like this one:

User uploaded file

How to take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

User uploaded file

10 replies

Mar 2, 2018 12:03 PM in response to Old Toad

Hi OT

Since my posting I have added another rule to the Smart Album in Photos as it may solve the problem.

My original rule had only one condition (the second condition listed), namely to not add the wedding album. I think I assumed it would add albums other than that one but maybe not - it seemed to add photos not included in albums. I want Apple TV to only display sorted albums (but not the wedding one).

User uploaded file

Smart Folder Photos on the Mac conundrum

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.