Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help

Okay so I asked a question earlier about buying a previous apparently stolen iPad I want to contact the owner because the iPad is too pretty to throw in the trash. I tried Apple tech support there was nothing they could do they couldn't give me their information Norwood pass along my information the police as well said there was nothing they could do except for hold it and if no one claims that after 90 days it could be mine but once again it's useless and very nice to look at any help would be appreciated

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 10:38 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 2, 2018 10:45 AM in response to Deliaben78

There is nothing Apple or anyone can do for you or this iPad.

This iPad is Activation locked.

This is an anti theft, data privacy protection feature.

If you can't reach this iPad’s original owner and get the owner's Apple ID and password, this is iPad is just an electronic paperweight/serving tray.

There is NO way to circumvent Activation Lock.

None.

Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.