Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am getting an error message when attempting to open itunes. The error message is api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll. Can anyone help with this. The problem started after doing the last itunes update.

Since updating to the newest itunes a few days ago, I have been unable to transfer library audiobooks from my computer to my ipod nano using the overdrive app. I have been doing this for years, but just have had this problem since updating. The error code I get is: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.

I am actually not even able to open itunes, so I deleted it and reinstalled it and it still doesn't work.

I am using a PC with Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit. Not sure if you need any other information.

If anyone can help I would be most appreciative. Thanks

null-OTHER, Windows 7, 64bit

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 1:02 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 2, 2018 1:20 PM in response to karen253

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

I am getting an error message when attempting to open itunes. The error message is api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll. Can anyone help with this. The problem started after doing the last itunes update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.