Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Will 4g work in Ireland?

Hi there,

If I buy a new iPhone 7 unlocked from the US, will I be able to use it's 4g in Ireland or are the frequences different?

I have been searching for an answer to this question online for ages and my head is now swimming!

Please help....

Enda

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

The Apple article below shows the various regions and compatible LTE bands.

iPhone - View countries with supported LTE networks - Apple

Posted on

Mar 2, 2018 3:44 PM in response to endafromranelagh In response to endafromranelagh

If it's NOT locked to a carrier it should. If you get it directly for Apple and nowhere else it should.

But the strongest advice I can give you, is get it from your own region. Yes, in Ireland. For warranty purposes. The warranty is not international.

Mar 2, 2018 3:44 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 3, 2018 4:03 AM in response to Driver8666 In response to Driver8666

Thanks for the response Driver.

I am not to worried about the warranty, but still need confirmation on the 4g. It will not be locked to any carrier but I can't seem to find out the frequencies that US phones use for 4g, if this is locked, or if my Irish SIM will be able to to access this speed.

Can anyone confirm?

Many thanks,

Enda

Mar 3, 2018 4:03 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 3, 2018 8:38 AM in response to endafromranelagh In response to endafromranelagh

US phones come with a Qualcomm modem (CDMA/GSM). In Canada, they come with Intel modems (GSM only). It's up to you what kind you want to get, but I do know for a fact the Qualcomm modem has issues with Freedom Mobile's Band 66 (doesn't camp back to LTE after a phone call, unless the phone is restarted or Airplane mode toggled on and off). The Intel version does not have this issue. It camps back to LTE after a phone call.

Follow what my fellow posters have written. I would also check out the Tech Specs sheet for that particular phone as well.

Mar 3, 2018 8:38 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: endafromranelagh

Question: Will 4g work in Ireland?