Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will iLife 11 iDVD work with High Sierra 10.13.3 on my iMac?

I need to find dependable software to burn an iMovie to a DVD. Can anyone recommend a product?

IF I found iDVD from iLife 11 would it be compatible with my iMac and with my iMovie 10.1.8?

PLEASE help, and thank you.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 11:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 1:56 PM

Hi, Jerry,

iDVD still can burn a disk with High Sierra. However, it is very quirky. Most if not all of the Themes show black and many do not work in other respects, particularly the animated ones. There have been a lot of burning issues as well, with burns quitting in mid stream.

I have not used any other DVD authoring program other than iDVD. However, here are some that I have seen recommended:

DVD Maker Lite -- DVD Creator

Roxio Toast Titanium

DVD Maker Pro

There are several DVD programs on the app store as well.

Most of these programs have a free trial offer, so you can see if they work for you.

-- Rich

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2018 1:56 PM in response to Jerry Balme

Hi, Jerry,

iDVD still can burn a disk with High Sierra. However, it is very quirky. Most if not all of the Themes show black and many do not work in other respects, particularly the animated ones. There have been a lot of burning issues as well, with burns quitting in mid stream.

I have not used any other DVD authoring program other than iDVD. However, here are some that I have seen recommended:

DVD Maker Lite -- DVD Creator

Roxio Toast Titanium

DVD Maker Pro

There are several DVD programs on the app store as well.

Most of these programs have a free trial offer, so you can see if they work for you.

-- Rich

Will iLife 11 iDVD work with High Sierra 10.13.3 on my iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.