Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightning earbuds disconnect and phone connects to Bluetooth speakers

Ive got an iPhone 7 on iOS 11.2.6, and I’ve had this problem for about a month or so, even before the latest iOS update.

I’ll be listening to music (either Pandora or Apple Music) using either the original lightning earbuds or another pair of lightning earbuds that I found on amazon. All the sudden, with the screen off, the music will switch from my earbuds to my Bluetooth speakers. It’s only happened a few times but it scares the * out of me because I usually keep my speakers loud lol.

Does anyone one have any idea what this could be or how to fix it? I thought the last iOS update had and was supposed to fix it but it just happened again.

TIA

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 4:36 AM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2018 12:59 PM in response to ganns1980

Hi ganns1980,
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. If you are having issues with unexpected behavior from a paired Bluetooth speaker (such as switching audio when you don't expect it), you may want to try unpairing and then re-pairing the speaker to your device, as outlined in this article:
Pair a third-party Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
Regards.

Lightning earbuds disconnect and phone connects to Bluetooth speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.