Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't import video.

I'm running on Mountain Lion (10.8.5) with iMovie HD 6.0.4 and, although I can open and edit previous movies, I can no longer import a new movie (from camcorder with F/W 800 link).

It seems I might need a later version of iMovie HD but can't find any later than the one I've got. Can anyone help me out here please?

Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 3:44 AM

5 replies

Apr 22, 2018 5:35 AM in response to Klaus1

Re: 'Have you tried importing to your Desktop and then moving the file into iMovie?'

Because I couldn't get this to work I decided to see if the video would import into the later iMovie (version 9.0.9) and it worked! I then imported it from there into iMovie HD 6 and that also worked! I then was able to edit it in iMovie HD6 as normal - at last

It was all very complicated and difficult because I just can't get on with version 9.0.9, as it is SO UN-user friendly, but at least it's a work-around that does the job.

Can't import video.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.