Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen - iPhone 5c

My daughter's iphone (5c - not sure of the version) screen went black one morning. We could still feel the vibration when we switched from volume to mute on the side button. Tried to force a restart by holding down Home button and the top button. Now we get nothing. I was told by Apple to do a force restart (with reset to factory settings). They told me to open itunes on the computer, plug in the phone and hold the Home button and the top till the apple appeared on the screen. I held it for a minute, with no apple. Itunes recognizes that my daughter's phone is there. What should i do?

iPhone 5c

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 9:22 AM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2018 3:32 PM in response to jljnnr93

Hi jljnnr93,

I understand that your daughter's iPhone display turned black, and won't show anything regardless if you restart it or connect it to iTunes. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

Based on the troubleshooting steps you've already gone through, I recommend that you contact Apple Support for service options.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Black screen - iPhone 5c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.