Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No repeat of message alerts.

I can not get message alerts to repeat. I have reviewed previous replies to similar posts and none of the proposed remedies suggested solve the problem. I get a single alert upon receiving a message, but regardless of how many repeat alerts I set in Notifications/Messages, I get only a single alert. I have closed Messages and restarted the phone several times after making Notification adjustments, but still receive only a single alert. Using iOS 11.2.6 on iPhone 8.

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 9:05 AM

2 replies

Mar 3, 2018 9:56 AM in response to GarrisonW

GarrisonW wrote:

I can not get message alerts to repeat. I have reviewed previous replies to similar posts and none of the proposed remedies suggested solve the problem. I get a single alert upon receiving a message, but regardless of how many repeat alerts I set in Notifications/Messages, I get only a single alert. I have closed Messages and restarted the phone several times after making Notification adjustments, but still receive only a single alert. Using iOS 11.2.6 on iPhone 8.

So are you saying if your away from your phone and you get a text message it will only alert you once?

I have mine to repeat once, and it works as it should if I'm away from my phone or don't look at the message when I first receive it.

No repeat of message alerts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.