Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPA files gone from iTunes?

OK, there used to be an option to check your mobile apps on your computer and make a backup. This morning I noticed that the apps pane is no longer in iTunes. Where can I find the actual ipa files now? Really AppleMac? Does everything have to go in the "user does not need that information" dumbie box? How can I find the mobile apps? I still do have a folder with all my older ipa files in a backup, but the newer ones I don't see. I do not believe in the cloud version only of things, I also want a backup on my backup system at home! Who can help?

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.1), Core i7, 4GHz, 32 ram,

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 11:43 AM

Any Apps you downloaded to iTunes before updating to version 12.7 would be in the Mobile Applications Folder inside the iTunes Media folder.

Read here for how to find the iTunes Media Folder:

Manage and back up your iTunes media library - Apple Support

You can drag them from there, and onto the iOS device on the side panel iTunes and it can continue to sync them over.

If you require access to App management on your computer, you may want to download iTunes 12.6.3. Apple is offering this version to businesses that require App Management from a computer., but users can download it as well.

Deploy apps in a business environment with iTunes - Apple Support

Do note however, that support for that version may not last long, and you are encouraged to manage your Apps directly on your devices now.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2018 11:43 AM in response to Catherine Lucas

Any Apps you downloaded to iTunes before updating to version 12.7 would be in the Mobile Applications Folder inside the iTunes Media folder.

Read here for how to find the iTunes Media Folder:

Manage and back up your iTunes media library - Apple Support

You can drag them from there, and onto the iOS device on the side panel iTunes and it can continue to sync them over.

If you require access to App management on your computer, you may want to download iTunes 12.6.3. Apple is offering this version to businesses that require App Management from a computer., but users can download it as well.

Deploy apps in a business environment with iTunes - Apple Support

Do note however, that support for that version may not last long, and you are encouraged to manage your Apps directly on your devices now.

Mar 3, 2018 11:17 AM in response to Catherine Lucas

Apps were removed from iTunes when version 12.7 was released a number of months ago : Changes in the new iTunes - Apple Support

You can still copy apps that you have on your computer to a device : Manually manage content on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iTunes - Apple Support

Or you could install iTunes 12.6.3 instead (it's aimed at businesses who have to deploy apps, but works for individuals as well ; I'm using it) : https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208079

Or go back to a previous version

IPA files gone from iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.