Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CPL Disk Pressure Alert Text

Does anyone know what this cryptic message is about (other than it's regarding Photos)? I came home to find this on the desktop.

User uploaded file

Thanks.

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 12:38 PM

15 replies

Mar 4, 2018 12:39 AM in response to Ken Trajanowski

I use an app to delete unnecessary localization files. (Clean My Mac 3)

this may have caused two problems.

1. It will have damaged the Photos.app and the system by removing localizations and other cached data
  2. It may have damaged your Photos Library beyond repair, if you allowed CleanMyMac to "clean" the Photos Library.

To restore the Photos.app back to normal, make a current backup of your Mac (without overwriting older backups, that you may need to restore the library) and reinstall the system by booting into the recovery partition. The procedure is described here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314

After that, the alerts should be back to normal and making more sense.

If you let CleanMyMac touch the Photos Library, be prepared for the fact, that it may now contain broken links and the original image files may be missing for photos you edited in Photos. That may explaining syncing problems with iCloud. Do you have a recent backup of the Photos Library from before you let CleanMyMac modify the library?

Mar 3, 2018 2:14 PM in response to Ken Trajanowski

and this is probably your problem

This looks like a problem with the localization files in the Photos.app. Like some text has not been translates correctly to the system language.

Clean my Mac is Malwear and damages or destroys Photos libraries and entire systems - get rid of CleanMyMac (and any other MacPaw software you may have) and backup then boot into the recovery partition and reinstall your OS and you will most likely be fine -- About macOS Recovery - Apple Support

LN

Mar 3, 2018 1:30 PM in response to Ken Trajanowski

Is the primary system language of your Mac set to English? This looks like a problem with the localization files in the Photos.app. Like some text has not been translates correctly to the system language.

Or you may have triggered a debug menu,

But the alert titles look like you are having a problem with the cloud photo library and are running out of storage on your Mac.

Are you using the "Optimize storage" option with iCloud Photo Library? How large is your system drive? And how much free storage do you have?

Mar 3, 2018 1:50 PM in response to léonie

léonie wrote:

Is the primary system language of your Mac set to English?

Yes.

This looks like a problem with the localization files in the Photos.app. Like some text has not been translates correctly to the system language.

Or you may have triggered a debug menu,

But the alert titles look like you are having a problem with the cloud photo library and are running out of storage on your Mac.

Are you using the "Optimize storage" option with iCloud Photo Library?

No.

How large is your system drive? And how much free storage do you have?

1TB drive with 100GB free.

Thanks,

CPL Disk Pressure Alert Text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.