Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update iOS 9.35 for iPad 2, also fix the software for battery life like you did for the iPhone.

Update software iOS. Ipad2

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 6:38 PM

2 replies

Mar 3, 2018 8:06 PM in response to jreich1949

That's not gonna happen.

Apple specifically coded that iPhone 6/6S/6S Plus battery/CPU slowdown into iOS 11 ONLY.

This DOES NOT affect ANY current iPad models and DEFINITELY does NOT affect ANY iPads running older iOS versions.

iPad 2 models are, NOW, 7 years old and are underpowered to handle anything more than iOS 9.3.5.

What is wrong with your iPad 2?

Mine has been running fine on iOS 9.3.5.

Have you tried a hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons?

How much free data storage space is left on your iPhone?

iDevices need to maintain, at least, 3 GBs, OR GREATER, of free data storage space.

In Settings app, General settings panel, turn OFF Background App Refresh for any apps that do not need a background refresh of data OR just turn this OFF for the entire iPad.

In Settings app, under General settings, Reset panel, at the right bottom of the list, Reset All Settings.

In Settings app (NOT from the iOS Control Panel) turn OFF Bluetooth when not using any Bluetooth devices.

Also, in general, if you want a faster IDevice, on all of my iDevices, I turn off most of the iOS motion graphics eye candy, by simply turning ON Reduce Motion in Settings app, General, Accessibilty settings.

Make sure you aren't running scads and scads of background apps in the iOS App Switcher.

If you are, you need to quit the bulk of these background running apps by tap and hold a finger on an app window in the switcher and slide your finger upwards to quit an app. You should be able to use more than one finger to quit more than one app window simultaneously.

Also, make sure you don’t have scads and scads of active website tabs running in the web browser.

If you do, greatly reduce the amount of active website tabs your web browser.

Tap on the link below to my iDevice/iOS performance/optimisation user tips link.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-10344

Try all of these tips and leave each tip active together. Do not simply try every tip individually, expecting just one tip to be a performance “cure all”.

Many of these tips are designed to work together to improve overall iOS/iDevice performance.

Good Luck!

Update iOS 9.35 for iPad 2, also fix the software for battery life like you did for the iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.