Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All my file is missing from Finder

In my Macbook Air's finder preference, All my file is missing since i updated my Macbook. I don't know why it's missing but i want to recover it back. Can anyone help me?User uploaded file

MacBook Air, iOS 10.2

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 12:11 AM

Only name has been changed to recents , in previous versions it was All my files , if I open finder , click on gear icon .

User uploaded file

The results are .

User uploaded file

Click on drop down arrow of Raw query and can choose the options as " other " and then select the options from upcoming window or click on kind - then again click on drop down arrow of the next field and choose pdf , documents etc and click on save button .

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2018 12:11 AM in response to CountryGirl56

Only name has been changed to recents , in previous versions it was All my files , if I open finder , click on gear icon .

User uploaded file

The results are .

User uploaded file

Click on drop down arrow of Raw query and can choose the options as " other " and then select the options from upcoming window or click on kind - then again click on drop down arrow of the next field and choose pdf , documents etc and click on save button .

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Mar 4, 2018 1:46 AM in response to CountryGirl56

Right now I am using Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

In previous versions like Mac OS Sierra and Mac OS X El - Capitan the recents folder was All my files , only name has been changed a slight difference is there I have answered for the op how to search the files , folders using search criteria in previous screen shots .

Mar 4, 2018 2:55 AM in response to Kelly123456Shang

Lets not bother with tygb, do you have a Mac with Sierra on it or know somebody that does, El Capitan, Yosemite and Mavericks should work too if they have All My Files in the Finder sidebar. You can make a copy of the All My Folders search criteria and save it as a folder and then transfer it over to your High Sierra install.

Open a new Finder window in the Mac with El Capitan or Sierra etc, highlight All My Files now click on the Gear icon in your Toolbar, click on Search Criteria. On the right side of the dialogue you should see Save, click it, now choose a place to save the Smart Folder to, the Desktop would be a good idea. now you can then move that folder over to your Mac with High Sierra, you will also be able to add it to your Finder sidebar.

All my file is missing from Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.