Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passwords Will Not Sync Between MacBook Pro and iPhone 7 Plus

Discovered that my Safari password keychain on my MacBook Pro is not or never has been synching with the Safari passwords (keychain?) on my iPhone 7 Plus. I have two lists that don't correlate well. Fooled around with Apple Care for over an hour turning keychains and iCloud on and off; reset the network; and I don't know what else. I gave up but will resume Monday.

I have lately grown somewhat discouraged about Apple Care support. Is Apple updating OS only to introduce new bugs?

Bookmarks sync perfectly between devices--why not the stupid keychains too?

Does anyone have a real handle on this or am I destined to spend countless hours with Support like I have with the "Add Image To Photos" that still doesn't work after months and elevating it to Engineering even?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016), macOS Sierra (10.12.2)

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 8:37 PM

I wonder how many different software issues Apple has that get elevated to software engineering in California and take months to resolve. Even with the PC it seems like at this point one would do a clean install of the OS but so far Apple would rather leave me hanging... I now have two such issues apparently with no end in sight. Fortunately one has a good workaround and this most recent one is not disastrous.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2018 8:37 PM in response to Ratsneve

I wonder how many different software issues Apple has that get elevated to software engineering in California and take months to resolve. Even with the PC it seems like at this point one would do a clean install of the OS but so far Apple would rather leave me hanging... I now have two such issues apparently with no end in sight. Fortunately one has a good workaround and this most recent one is not disastrous.

Passwords Will Not Sync Between MacBook Pro and iPhone 7 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.