Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad was stolen by a friend & I finally got it back, but she changed the pass code & I am not able to connect it to a PC to reset or receive one

Wrong pass code no access to a PC to connect to iTunes

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 8:43 PM

You will need to erase the iPad as detailed in this article. This can only be done using a Mac/PC.

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If this person also enabled Find My iPad, and activation lock, you will need to have them do the following steps.

What to do before you sell or give away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If they will not do that, you will need the original bill of sale to submit to Apple to remove the activation lock.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2018 8:43 PM in response to stormyfromcrowley

You will need to erase the iPad as detailed in this article. This can only be done using a Mac/PC.

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If this person also enabled Find My iPad, and activation lock, you will need to have them do the following steps.

What to do before you sell or give away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If they will not do that, you will need the original bill of sale to submit to Apple to remove the activation lock.

My iPad was stolen by a friend & I finally got it back, but she changed the pass code & I am not able to connect it to a PC to reset or receive one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.