Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone x sound notifications issue when locked

device specs:

type: phone X

iOS: 11.2.6

Problem apps:

• ie-mail
  • iMessage

Problem description:

Problem started a few days ago. Only change was my watch addition.

With screen dark (locked) email and message notifications do not come thru that is to say no sound. Once I unlock the phone all notifications begin to pop in and the sound intermittently will come thru as well. Of course the watch is performing in the same manner.

Troubleshooting done:

• I have enable all sounds for the applications above under the notifications menu.
  • Disabled all security and phase recognition features
  • re-booted the phone and iwatch

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thank you

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 9:40 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 5, 2018 11:25 AM in response to raul95

Hi raul95,

I understand that while your iPhone is locked, you're unable to see or hear any of your notifications. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

What you've described sounds like Do Not Disturb. I recommend checking out the information in the following article for help with this:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

Open Settings > Do Not Disturb and check that Do Not Disturb is off. If you're using an iPad, swipe up to view Control Center and make sure the mute button and Do Not Disturb button aren't enabled.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

iPhone x sound notifications issue when locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.