Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update to High Sierra messed up safari and iTunes?

I recently updated to High Sierra (10.13.3) on my late 2011 macbook pro. I was force to do this update because my safari stopped loading. It would freeze my computer and none of the tabs loaded. This happened in about a span of an hour. My laptop was working fine and I had full access to safari with no issues, then all of a sudden whenever my laptop went to sleep it would not wake back up unless I did a forced shut down. Safari still wouldn't work and the sleep issue was still happening, so I updated to High Sierra in hopes this would solve the issue.

The update downloaded and about an hour later it allowed me to also install the support package. Safari still does not work, and iTunes has also crashed and apparently is not the right version. When I go to the app store as prompted, there is no option to update iTunes.

Furthermore, in the applications all downloaded apple apps (system preferences, calculator, safari, photobooth, ichat, etc.) are crossed out. When I click on Safari it tells me I do not have a recent enough version, and it seems as if all of the apps are completely unusable.

I am currently using a version of chrome I downloaded about 4 years ago, and whenever I go to update it to a newer version it doesn't seem to finish the install/download. I just want to be able to use Safari again as it has all of my saved information for passwords and pages and I have no way of accessing them otherwise (my fault for not backing that information up oops).

I talked to apple support when this issue initially arose and they told me to just install the support package which did absolutely nothing. If anyone else knows what to do any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), Late 2011 model

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 1:46 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Update to High Sierra messed up safari and iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.