Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reduce number of decimal places

how do I reduce the number of decimal places in the answer to a formula in Numbers for iPad?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 7:20 AM

If you just want to display fewer decimal places then tap the cell, the "paintbrush" upper right, the circled i next to Number, and the - to reduce the Decimals.

If you want to actually change the value, rather than just how it is displayed, then use the ROUND() function.

SG

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2018 7:20 AM in response to EvieB666

If you just want to display fewer decimal places then tap the cell, the "paintbrush" upper right, the circled i next to Number, and the - to reduce the Decimals.

If you want to actually change the value, rather than just how it is displayed, then use the ROUND() function.

SG

How to reduce number of decimal places

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.