Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8+ issue with hearing when receiving a call but no issue when i make a call

I just bought the 8+ and have had no problems hearing on the other end or that person hearing me when I MAKE THE CALL however, when I am receiving a call, the other person cant hear me and I cant hear them.

Help!!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 7:53 AM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2018 2:31 PM in response to acorn5278

Hello acorn5278,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iPhone 8. Since this only occurs when you receive a call, I recommend starting by checking if you need an update to your carrier settings. This article will help: Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If the issue remains after the update, or your device does not need an update at this time, I recommend going through these two articles, one for the microphone, one for the speaker:

1. Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

2. If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

iPhone 8+ issue with hearing when receiving a call but no issue when i make a call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.