Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if I edit pictures in Photos, will they change in my iPhone?

I can import pictures from my iPhone X to PHOTOS and edit them. But subsequently those edits don't show on my phone. I thought that was the 'beauty' of PHOTOS that the systems were tethered??

MacBook Pro (15-inch Core 2 Duo), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 8:20 AM

I can import pictures from my iPhone X to PHOTOS and edit them.

The edits will sync between your Mac and Photos only, if you are using iCloud Photo Library.

If your iPhone and the Mac are syncing their Photos Library with iCloud, the Photos Libraries on both devices will always be identical. Any edit or deletion or import you are doing on one of the synced devices will by updated in iCloud and sync to the other devices. (Note: Projects do not sync to iCloud Photo Library. Smart albums will not sync to the mobile devices).

But if you just import photos using My Photo Stream or a USB connection, the edits will remain local and not sync.

See: Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2018 8:20 AM in response to SEB575

I can import pictures from my iPhone X to PHOTOS and edit them.

The edits will sync between your Mac and Photos only, if you are using iCloud Photo Library.

If your iPhone and the Mac are syncing their Photos Library with iCloud, the Photos Libraries on both devices will always be identical. Any edit or deletion or import you are doing on one of the synced devices will by updated in iCloud and sync to the other devices. (Note: Projects do not sync to iCloud Photo Library. Smart albums will not sync to the mobile devices).

But if you just import photos using My Photo Stream or a USB connection, the edits will remain local and not sync.

See: Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

if I edit pictures in Photos, will they change in my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.