Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t get a message alert when one of my contacts iMessages me. There is also a “ quarter moon 🌙” icon next to the name

Can’t hear message alert on iMessage from 1 contact. Quarter moon 🌙 icon next to contact’s name.

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 9:59 AM

7 replies

Mar 5, 2018 1:03 PM in response to Community User

avatron255 wrote:

Go onto the Messages app and swipe left on the chat. There should be a moon icon that will appear. Press it

Nope, but you are close. You can swipe on the right hand side of a message, but you won't see a moon icon, you'll see Show Alerts and you can tap that to turn alerts back on. Or do as I posted above. Either option works.

You may have noticed that Apple marked my response as recommended and they did so because I provided a correct response. Typically when Apple marks a message as recommended, I won't insert myself into a thread as it can only serve to confuse the OP.

Mar 5, 2018 12:40 PM in response to marna34

In order to turn off “Do Not Disturb”, either go to control center and tap the moon icon, or go to Settings>Do Not Disturb and customize the settings to how you like.

I don’t get a message alert when one of my contacts iMessages me. There is also a “ quarter moon 🌙” icon next to the name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.