Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When does apple will had Olympus STYLUS TG-5 Tough raw format?

I can't believe the TG-5 RAW file are not supported in Photos. The camera is been out for almost a year now.

It took me so long to get used to Photos interface coming from Aperture and now I may have to go for Lightroom because of a simple RAW compatibility!!!!

Wake up Apple !

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 10:08 AM

5 replies

Apr 15, 2018 1:45 PM in response to RodAmyot

I can't believe it either. This camera has been out for some time and is top choice for underwater macro photography. Having just come back from Indonesia with over 8000 photos I was stunned to learn that Photos will does not support RAW mode on TG-5. I'm curious what the average lead time is between a camera's release and Photo's RAW support. The problem could certainly be Olympus dragging their feet, having made significant changes to the TG series RAW file, or both. [Editorial commentary for personal catharsis: I am - and have been for years - heavily invested in Apple hardware and software. Why? Intuitive, innovative products and support. Just sayin'.]

Lama

I don't want a cloud. I want a thumb drive.

May 25, 2018 6:59 PM in response to RodAmyot

I have the same question, I called and talked to apple support and they didn't really understand what I was saying. They said that I should request the TG-5 support via a suggestion, but so far I can't find anyplace to do that. But yes I converted to Photos too and find out they aren't supporting new devices, How much different is TG-5 from the supported TG-4, I suppose they are similar. I was thinking of lightroom too, is Lightroom a cloud based product or does in run directly on macOS and store the files locally?

When does apple will had Olympus STYLUS TG-5 Tough raw format?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.